Wednesday 12 October 2011

Le festival d'automne of hand carved rubber stamps!


Here in Paris the Autumn is not only the season that accompany my life from september until late december, against which I swear each time I came out without my umbrella. Autumn is a mixture of melancholy for the summer that is gone and of a mild resting before cold winter, a time of sly reflection and artistic inspiration. To such extend that, in spite of the platitude that associates autumn to the decline, Paris each year dedicates an art festival to this season, le festival de l'Automne! This festival, born in 1972, was conceived to show artistic avant-gardes of theatre, cinema, plastic arts, music and dance, to oppose to the static art perpetually shown in the main museums.


For what concerns my artistic inspirations, I took decision to create something special for this season and for its special feelings. Autumn was for me also in the past rich of meanings: I had fun in producing stuff inspired to the rain and to the clouds (and by this way to my usual swearing against the end of sunny season...). But this time is different: for endearing myself to the fall, I've produced a wide range of cute characters that evokes in me the idea of this season and its crafty melancholia: acorns, hedgehogs, and chestnuts... which with decorate what you want, and which amuse yourself decorating your life during these rainy days. You can find them on my etsy! I hope you like them...



2 commenti:

Unknown on 16 October 2011 at 00:01 said...

Adorable! I love your illustration style, it's like..euro-kawaii or something :D Happy to find your blog, fellow Madcapper!

Sarah on 18 October 2011 at 04:13 said...

Memi, I just came across your blog and was very impressed. These rubber stamp characters are adorable. Looking forward to seeing more posts by you :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin